Saturday, June 27, 2009

Bummer...

Friday came and went and no approval call.  So, we wait still.  Maybe next week?  I am not holding my breath though. 

It seems that Rwanda is implementing some new rules as we go...there is now another step for the referral.   Once the family is matched with a child, the referral goes back to the Ministry for yet another approval.  Before, this didn't happen.  This step seems to be adding a couple of weeks to the wait (based on my estimations).

The AWAA average wait time for approval (my estimation when looking at other blogs) was about 2.5 months.  It seems to now be taking longer as several families (us included) have now waited over 3 months.  There is also a family that waited 5 months for their approval.   So, if we go by the old information from AWAA (2-5 months) then our approval should come sometime by August 26.   I really hoped that we would be home with our child before the next school year started but now I am not sure this will happen.

Here is a verse that Kaylee learned from camp this week and it is also one of Ryan's favorite verses.  I think that it is appropriate for me at this point as well.

Don't worry about anything but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking Him with a thankful heart.  Phillipians 4:6

I am still optimistic about this process and now that God has His own plan in the works.  I am so thankful to have this opportunity and am so excited to see who our child is.  I am just learning lots about patience :).

P.S. One another side note, I was curious if the Ethiopian Government shut down from early August to late September would have an affect on our adoption process.  Our family coordinator said "no."  We go to Addis Abba, Ethiopia for our visa paperwork once we have picked up our child from Rwanda.  The US Consulate handles this part of our process so the shut down will not affect us. Yeah!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Ashley,

Yes the Ethiopian court shutdown will not affect business at the US embassy in Ethiopia. But on a side note I did hear a rumor that the courts may not shut down in Ethiopia this year.

Kari