Saturday, October 24, 2009

Daily Bread

This is my daily bread. Trusting God. Trusting God to reveal His plan for my family. Trusting God to reveal His plan for my family in His time.

Daily, I am reminded of how this adoption process has been a journey of faith. Whether it is in conversations I have, songs that evoke powerful emotions, pictures that make my heart ache, words of my children that make my heart smile, it happens every day. Every single day.

Without notice my mind will shoot to our child in Rwanda. Are they happy, sad, hungry, tired, lonely, sleeping, laughing? Then I come back to reality of two children and a husband that need me here. How I long for all of us to be together. Trust and faith...my daily bread.

3 comments:

Our Journey to Rwanda said...

Ashley- That is a good way to put it. He gives us just enough for today, never so much that we could even think about trying it on our own for even one day. Right here with you,praying...
Emily

4-more said...

Just wanted to let you know that we are praying for your family. This last stretch must seem so long...we'll pray that you are filled with peace during this time, and will be so excited to see your whole family together at last!

Allie said...

Ashley, thanks for this. Also, I'm sorry for not getting back to you - we did get the cd...thank you! I meant to email you back but it got buried... you know how it is. But thanks for sending it!