Saturday, November 7, 2009

F...Friends

One thing that our adoption process has done, is widened and deepened our circle of friends.
Our church friends (aka church family) have been with us every step of the way. They have supported us emotionally, spiritually and financially. They have come beside us to walk with us through this journey. I love to see how much they love our child. I love to have conversation regarding our process. I love that the adoption process has created relationships that may not have otherwise blossomed just because it is difficult to know everyone in a congregation of 1000. I love to (hopefully) be planting a seed for other children to come home. We are thankful for each one of our church family!

Another very important group of friends, is our core group of friends. My girlfriends and their families, have been another tremendous source of love. These women have been there every day to hear my excitement, frustration, and will be with me for the preparation once we know who our child is. I appreciate these friends more than they will every know!

Our lifegroup is also a group of people that provided much needed support and prayer. Each week we meet and each week they love on us and our child. I think that they are as anxious to get our child home as we are!

The last group of friends that have become every so dear to me, is my blog world friends. Families who are in this process with us. Families who we hopefully will travel with in the coming weeks. We are experiencing a life changing event together. We will always be connected by this adoption journey!

To each of our friends, thank you! Thank you for supporting us. Thank you for praying with us and for us. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for loving our child.

No comments: