Monday, November 30, 2009

A good start to today...continued!

Gracie took a great nap today nestled close with daddy. We headed to the Minister's office to get our travel letter around 1:30 this afternoon. We were able to meet the Minister as well as Miss Veronique. They both were so gracious and I am so glad that we were able to spend a little time with them. These women both worked on our adoption on the Rwandan government side. While waiting for our travel letter to be completed, we got a special surprise. I am not sure how it all happened but Kaylee was playing with Grace and Ryan was playing with Grace and then it happened...

We spent the next little while playing with her and enjoying her smile. She is starting to come out of her shell. She even laughed a little. She is starting to vocalize as well. It is really amazing to see her bond with us.

Tomorrow we go to the Embassy to for another appointment then off for some Rwanda heritage learning. Can't wait to see how she progresses tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Fam.. my heart has been so warmed by your story to Ms. Gracie. I am head over heals in love with this whole process. I have been faithfully following the story since the beginning of last week. I have talked about it, dreamed about it and spent much time in prayer for you and your family. I am so happy for you and appreciate all that you have shared with us. Congrats and blessings...
Susan Keirn

Sally Grantham said...

how wonderful! praise God! can't wait to meet her :)

KLTTX said...

What a beautiful smile! I am so glad to hear that things are going so well. Too cute.

Linda said...

Congratulations Smith family. I am so excited for you and for Grace. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you make this transition from 4 to 5. How lucky Grace is to join such a wonderful family.

Bon Bon Mom said...

Look at that beautiful grin!

M and L said...

How amazing!!! She is super cute! I'm so happy for you and your fam!

bhutchsmith said...

A smile is a wonderful thing it reveals the heart

Laurel Greer said...

Praising God!!!! What a gift to be TOGETHER!