Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Q....Quickly

Q is a great letter for today! Since 9am this morning, things have been moving very QUICKLY! We received word that our Act of Adoption is done and that our court date is next week (probably/hopefully Monday) and we can plan to travel in 2-3 weeks. Wow. I just can't believe it! Gracie will definitely be home before Christmas!

We have been so busy with other activities/events/obligations the last few weeks that I just haven't had time to get things ready. We do have some winter clothes ready for Gracie thanks to our awesome lifegroup but other than that...not much. So, my friend Ellen helped me to make lists of all that needs to be done! This helped a ton so now I have a plan. I like plans. I have recruited some friends to help with painting Gracie's room on Saturday as well. We need to paint, arrange furniture, and get her room ready!

I need to start packing for the 4 of us to go, laundry, donations for the orphanage, sort through donations that I already have, etc. etc. etc! I am glad that next week is a holiday week so that we can get some more of this stuff done!

Thank you also to Amy for shopping in Cali! There are no summer clothes to be found here in our state so she is finding clothes for Gracie to wear while in Africa! This is another huge relief!

So glad that this part is moving....QUICKLY!


1 comment:

Suzanne Watson said...

Ashley I am so excited for you guys! Your time has finally come!!!! By the way, did you know we have a mutual friend? Drew Ihrig? Very good friend of mine from college. Since we're both from Oklahoma and went to OSU I bet we have a lot of mutual friends.