Monday, February 22, 2010

Chicago, Oprah and a Rainbow

Last week I had the chance to have some girl time, sit about 5 feet from Oprah, eat some yummy food and meet Rebecca of the Furry Rainbow. After the fall that was full of waiting to find out who our child was and the winter that has been full of snow and family, it was a much needed getaway. I knew that I was going to have a good time (good friends + good food + good weather + good shopping = fun).

One definite highlight of the trip was getting to meet Rebecca. We found each other in the Rwandan blog world and have been on the same path. We worked through paperwork, sat on conference calls, received approval letters and then received our referrals all together. All of this while we blog stalked, emailed and tried to calculate when all of the good news would be sent our way! Unfortunately, the Furrs were not able to travel with us (Smiths, Bowers and Spores). They were about a week behind us. So you can imagine my joy when I was able to meet her in person and give her a big hug! We sat and talked about our families, our Rwandan babies, our experiences and just regular life. It was a wonderful time and I can't wait to meet up with her again, next time with our families in tow!

Oprah Note: The taping that my friends and I attended will air on Wednesday, February 24. One friend and I are in the front row to Oprah's left. I have a very pink jacket on. It is just the 2 of us on the FRONT ROW! Our other friends are just 2 rows back in green and turquoise blue respectively.

3 comments:

rarmatisfurr said...

Loved meeting and talking with you!
Sending you and the family much love.
Can't wait to see you on Oprah this week!
xoxo

Heidi said...

You better believe I'll be watching for you!

The Beaver Bunch said...

What was the episode about?