Friday, June 11, 2010

Kay and Chewing

Tomorrow I will get to see my sweet eldest child at around 4pm. We left her at kamp 11 days ago. The first week I am always ok. The last few days I am so ready to see her that I can barely stand it. I want to hug her and hear all about her time there. I am glad that she isn't leaving for college any time soon...

On a totally different note, Grace doesn't chew. Well, she does chew big bites of food. But with small bites of food (mac & cheese, rice, corn etc) she swallows them in their entirety. We have been battling this since we got her. Ryan keeps saying that this is just part of the orphanage life that is still with her. That is true. But how do you teach her to chew? Any ideas, we are open.

Next Tuesday is a big day in the Smith household...stay tuned!

3 comments:

Maria Sandstrom said...

Please let me know if you find the answer! We adopted only three weeks ago and our almost 3 year old is only used to baby food (mixed). So I am googling other families experiences right now...

Nice blog!

Maria
(from Sweden with a son from Russia)

Susie said...

I'm pretty sure Talya doesn't chew either...and she's my bio girl. I figure, it's part of a learning process? She has, however, developed a great gag reflex that let's her know if she tries to do too much at a time. Not great advice, maybe, but it's all I got.

Heather said...

Sorry...can't help you with the chewing...but I did want to say that I LOVE when I can tell exactly where your daughter is by the way you spell 'kamp'! :) 2 weeks? Which one? K-7 or K-Kountry? (And feel free to email me if you don't want that info. floating around on the interweb!)