Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pink ballet shoes

Parent night at dance is a favorite of mine. For years, I loved going to see my little girl in her leo, tights and ballet shoes. My little girl is now 9 but I still feel such joy when I watch her dance. She is not perfect but she is her. I see confidence, I see pride, I see love.
Tonight I also saw joy. I saw joy on the face of a 3 year old who one year ago was getting off a plane and into a new life. I saw little pink tights and tiny ballet shoes on a girl who's smile is good for your soul. Her teacher told me that today. "She is good for my soul." What words that I will always treasure. What a perfect way to sum up our Grace, she is good for our soul.
What dreams I have for these girls. What absolute joy bubbles up in my heart as tears fill my eyes as I watch them dance and grow and love. I am so proud to be their mom. I am so glad that God chose me.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh these pix are just too cute Ashley! I love that God chose them perfectly for your family. I can't wait to see what lies ahead! xoxo

Erin said...

This made me so full of joy for you!