Friday, May 4, 2012

a week ago...

A week ago, I was the mother of 3.  We were a family of 5.  A week ago, our life was normal.  I was doing all the mom things I do and was happy with the little life that God has blessed us with.

A week ago, I woke up earlier than usual.  I got up, ate breakfast and decided to check my email.  The house was quiet and still.  The sun was just begin to rise.  I opened my email and saw an email that I had been waiting for. The subject line stopped me in my tracks.  "Referral" is the word I read.  I opened the precious email and began reading.  

I jumped out of my chair and ran to wake Ryan up.  I shook him and forced him to open his eyes.  I told him that our referral had come and unlike last time, I wanted us to read it together.  

We both read the words that changed our lives once again.  We read that our new child would be a boy, a son.  We read that he is 3 years old.  We read about his history and how he came to be an orphan.  We read words that only we will share with him one day when we feel he is ready.

After we both got done reading, we scrolled down to see the most precious face.  There were three pictures of our youngest child and instantly his face was permanently etched in my brain.   Deacon...

It has been a week since we received the wonderful news of our son. We are now a family of 6.  I am the mother to 4.  


6 comments:

Sarah Beyer said...

JOY!!!!! So, so happy for you.

Heidi said...

Yayayaya!!!!!! So exciting!!!!!

The Journey said...

So happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet Deacon. Love you guys.

brenda said...

love it.

KLTTX said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to "meet" him.

Julie said...

Such exciting news!!!