Monday, March 10, 2014

more from her

I went in prepared with a list full of questions for the neurologist.  I went through them one by one and she answered them all. Diet, exercise, medicine, growing, physical therapy, school, cognitive abilities are just some of the things that we had wondered about.

We also asked the hard question. Is the life expectancy that we had read online really true.  Well, this she wasn't sure about.  They have recently started treating kids with Muscular Dystrophy with steroids.  All of studies that were done that have been published to determine the life expectancy were done before steroid treatment began. So, she doesn't know really.  I would love to hear that the life expectancy will change.  I would be so grateful to know that my boy would live past his teenage years.


No comments: