Saturday, April 26, 2014

life is somewhat routine

It has been 72 days since our world was turned upside down.  Just a week since I had my last emotional breakdown.  A day since I worried about Deacon and him saying his foot hurts.

Life is getting back to the normal we knew before.  Everyone has somewhere to be after school.  The mom taxi is back in full swing.  My heart is still heavy with concern for Deacon BUT I am learning how to handle it better.  Breaking down every time anyone asks me about my boy is not a way that I can live.  So many people love him and us and so many people tell me they are praying for him.  I have to see the positive in that instead of the reason that they are speaking out to us.    This week I have done that.

Deacon is doing great. He is rocking the tball field and made it on base this week, 3 times!  He hasn't scored yet but he will.  Aquatic therapy is his new pt and he is doing well in his regular physical therapy.  Overall, he is strong and continues to do new things.

The other kids are doing great as well. Grace turned 7 and is listening to her new iPod as we speak. She likes to sing and hum so it is fun to hear her kinda know the songs and guess at the words.


Cannon is in baseball heaven right now. He loves the game and is off to practice several times a week.  He would play every day if we let him.


Kaylee is doing well and is finishing up her last year at the middle school.  Friends and music are completing her time and she is becoming such a beautiful young lady.


I am so thankful that God gives us people who support us and lift us up when we so badly need it. I would be a pile on the floor with out a few of my very best friends helping me through this time.  So as we continue to live, I will try to be positive and see the beauty in our situation.

No comments: